My Beauty ABC’s
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- I have been using this body lotion since middle school. I have sensitive and dry skin that can be challenging, but this lotion has never let me down!
- The easiest product-free way to keep my annoying baby hairs out of my face.
- “It’s the most wonderful time(s) of the year!” A great way to try new products and get products you might already use in travel size form.
- My current favorite? Cover Girl Lash Blast.
- I learned of this amazing foot cream from my mom, who got the tip from my uncle. Unfortunately for my feet, I love the feeling of walking around barefoot more than I care about having soft feet, so I apply this nightly before putting on socks to atone for this beauty sin!
- Another thing I’m a nerd for? Eat, Pray, Love. I usually shy away from gimmicky movie-related products, but my love for Elizabeth Gilbert’s book overcame this tendency of mine. I gave fresh’s fragrances, “eat”, “pray”, and “love” it a chance. I fell in “love” and now use it daily. Unfortunately, it was a limited edition scent, so once I run out, that’s it!
- Another product I’ve been using since middle school. Few things feel better than freshly-shaved legs.
- For me, feeling pretty is all about how I think my hair looks.
“I hate wearing makeup.”
- This confession came from a Laura Mercier makeup artist. I tend to distrust people selling makeup because: A. I assume they are more willing to put time and effort into their makeup application, whereas I just want something quick and easy and B. At the end of the day they’re trying to sell you something. When she leaned in close and whispered this, I knew she would understand my desire of wanting my makeup to be easy and look natural. I wanted to hug her and squeal, “Me too!!”, but did not want to ruin her rep with the other makeup artists around.
- Flyaways are no fun, but this lightweight cream takes care of them.
- When I buy expensive makeup (i.e., you can’t find it in CVS!), which is not often, I try to buy things I have seen around in magazines, on TV shows, in my friends’ makeup bags for a while. Best way to sell me on something? Claim a shade is “universally flattering.” When I heard this eyeshadow described as such on The Today Show, I heard, “Hannah, you can’t go wrong with this one!”
- If I could choose one favorite makeup line, this would be it. Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizer is everywhere. One of those classic and popular beauty staples, I knew I had to try it. I don’t use it daily, but for special occasions, I wear it in “Nude.” I do use Laura Mercier’s secret concealer almost daily, though – I have a dark under-eye circle problem!
Magazines & Blogs
- I’m always on the lookout for newly released products and advice on beauty product application and these are my main source for that information. My new favorite beauty blog? Into the Gloss.
- Painting your nails is the easiest, risk-free way to subtly (or not-so-subtly!) display your mood.
- Like “Kitten”, this shade is supposed to be universally flattering. It has been my favorite beauty purchase this year so far!
- I actually started using Pantene products because of Caroline! The girl has always had incredibly enviable shampoo commercial-like hair. 🙂
- Ask them! Ask your friends for their stand-by products and makeup professionals at stores like Sephora for advice.
- Some parts of your beauty routine are essential to keeping skin healthy, like washing off your makeup before going to bed.
Samples from Sephora
- You get 3 free samples with every online purchase from Sephora. I’ve been able to try many products I’ve been curious about and discovered others this way! (And, like Bonus Time at Clinique, it’s another great way to get travel sizes.)
- If I buy a product from anywhere besides a drugstore, I make sure to test it first.
- My beauty philosophy? “Look like you.”
- Just as the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding thinks Windex can cure anything, I think the same of Vaseline!
- For consuming and cleansing!
X‘s and O’s
- Be gentle with yourself. Try to use as few products as possible. This is especially key for people like me who have sensitive skin.
- For a healthy glow!
- You’ll be happier and healthier and being well rested will probably make you feel more beautiful, which is what it is all about!