You’ve been crowdsourced!
“Crowdsourcing: the act of outsourcing tasks… to an undefined, large group of people or community (a crowd), through an open call.” (thanks, Wikipedia!)
As I have admitted, I’m a sucker for the thrill of trying something new. I try to be smart about it, though, so I try to get as much information about something that has peaked my interest, whether it is a book, new mascara, or movie. Can you help me out? Anyone have experience with the following? Recommendations? Anything I should pass on?
Women and Leadership: The State of Play and Strategies for Change
edited by Barbara Kellerman & Deborah L. Rhode
- How I found it: One of my classmates was carrying this in class yesterday. I tried to discreetly write down the title and authors so that I could find a copy for myself!
- The appeal: The pretty pink cover. Just kidding. It’s no secret I’m interested in the challenges women find in leadership roles in the US today!
Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Binding Targeted Leave-in Treatment Creme
- How I found it: in a magazine.
- The appeal: I hate the old adage, “If it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is.” My hair is fine, yet I cannot resist using heated tools on it (I am in a serious long-term relationship with my CHI) and I get a lecture from the hair stylist whenever I go in for a trim. Avoiding split ends seems like a lost cause, so I just try to ignore them or smooth them down with product. Might this treatment be the one I have been waiting for?
Cole Haan Black Pumps
- How I found them: Every time I go into a Bloomingdale’s or Nordstrom, I look for these and turn to my shopping partner and coo, “Aren’t these soo pretty?!“, probably secretly hoping they will tell me that I need to buy them “this instant.”
- The appeal: I have been in the market for black pumps for a while now. I have the unfortunate habit of wearing through them out practically the instant they touch my feet, so I tend to opt for cheap pairs (is that the problem?). Any recommendations for durable yet comfortable black pumps? I’ve had my eyes on Cole Haan’s line with Nike technology for a while – are they worth the investment?
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Perfector
- How I found it: The ads are everywhere!!
- The appeal: I’m a hair dryer newbie (as evidenced by the fact that I told my boyfriend the other day that I “blew dried” my hair and he laughed). I have trouble with the frizz that my hair drying technique (if you could call it that) creates and do not have the money to pay for one of those expensive keratin straightening salon treatments. Is this a cheap fix for my frizz problem?